.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, April 23, 2005

IT'S TURTLE DAYS!

Today is Turtle Days in J.T.

I must confess, that despite living here almost two decades, I don't know the origins of this celebration. The name in itself is puzzling, as there are no turtles in our desert. We do have amazing Tortoises-lots of them. Once I figure out how to post pictures, I will share Miss Emma, an amazing tortoise I rescued some 8 years ago, and cared for , until the dreaded day day she escaped, after the gas company crew dug a 5 ft hole just outside our fence, to fix somthing or another, and in the process, severed the electric lines.
A night of stumbling around with flashlights was not particularily enjoyable; however, making my morning walk, plate of vegies in hand, down to Emma's burrow, and finding it empty ...well,..it was devastating !
But, I digress, I am off to see The Turtle Festival with my Digi camera in hand!

Sunny and 70 today-perfecto for moi!



Name: Marybeth

View My Complete Profile!



For Today
sisters sojourn community
THE MYSTERY IS SOLVED YIPEEE!
To Rosie,
SOMEONE ELSE HAS MY NEW BLOG NAME