.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, December 29, 2005

HOLIDAY TRAVELS

We had a beautiful weather for traveling through the Southwest this past Holiday Season. Sun, Sun, and more SUN! I am Thankful Mother Nature provided no challenges to our 80 miles per hour pace, as we moved effortlessly Eastward across the landscapes of what was once land loved and revered by the American Indians
I initially planned on taking many pictures; however, I found myself reading voraciously

The Year OF Magical Thinking, by Joan Didion
A must read for any adult who has dealt with death, or is wondering what it must be like to lose a close Loved one. She is absolutely raw in her telling of an excruciating year. I so admire an authors ability to just _TELL IT AS IS.

Of course I was kind enough to insist on doing my big 4 hrs of night driving, while the hubby lay back in the passenger seat, only to micromanage my strategy of driving with the BIG RIGS.

How I wished I had purchased a CB radio, so that the endless view of white and yellow lines, tail lights, against a pitch black canopy could have come to life with human communication. It is absolutely beyond me how truckers do what they do - hour after hour, day in and day out, on America’s interstates.

To be continued….



Name: Marybeth

View My Complete Profile!



LISA AND BRITT BEING SILLY 
HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS 
ONE MONTH OLD TODAY 
Yes, MB There Is A S A N T A C L A U S
CHRISTMAS IS L O V E * 
SADIES MOMMY SARAH 
WE LOVE YOU SADIE XOXOXOXOXOXO 
OHHHH....Grandma Misses You So Very Much!!! 
HI ALEX XOXO 
Life In itself is a miracle